Welcome! Please, come in and smell the roses.
I think the name of this blog says it all. The phase in the weeds can mean many things:
- In the middle of a patch of unwanted vegetation
- Overwhelmed by circumstances or work
- Deep in the (often esoteric) details
The reason I like the term is that it combines a literal references to plant (which I’m a bit obsessed with) with a figurative reference to delving into the details of complicated or academic topics (which is also a hobby of mine). Hopefully, though, you won’t be bored or overwhelmed.
The things you might expect to find here are:
- Gardening and plants
- Linguistics and languages
- Politics (sorry, can’t help it…)
- General geekery
- Maybe thoughts about meaning and life if I get drunk enough